Sunday, December 14, 2014

My role in the industry

After two years on this course I have had substantial time to contemplate a number of roles within the industry, and tried my hand at a number of the task involved in many of them. as such I have concluded that Environment artist would suit my skill set best, although I still have much to learn and improve.

Animation would not be a desired role for me as I find it tedious and not rewarding enough with regard to the time put in. however I can do some small animating for environments if it is called for. rigging is also another avenue I will avoid as it is very long winded and while I can do it to some extent I do not have the skill set to fix some of the major issues and problems that occur during the process.

Character art is something I  will try in the immediate future as I have a good understanding of anatomy as I have years of experience with life drawing. Whilst my Z-brush skills need some refining I will be able to improve them through my dissertation and apply my keen eye for anatomical detail.

however for the time being I will focus on further improving my environment art skills, firstly though my A3D level of a W.W.1. dock with dazzle ship, but also by creating a series of smaller environment pieces. these may consist of a jungle temple possibly based on the Fantasy Warhammer Lizardmen temple city of Hexoatl to demonstrate organised yet weathered buildings with foliage. the other scene should be something different, possibly sci-fi to contrast the dirtier temple level, so I may make a star wars or even Firefly/Serenity as I can then mix the aesthetics of science fiction and western.

No comments:

Post a Comment